Bali Airport DPS, Ngurah Rai
Location of Bali Airport, DPS
The airport is in the south of Bali and very near to most of Bali’s main tourist areas. Not far and north of the airport there is: Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Umalas, Canggu, Tanah Lot.
South of the airport there is: Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Pecatu, Uluwatu, Ungasan.
Arriving at Bali Airport International
Once you landed at the international terminal, listed below is the recommended procedure:
- Keep your passports with the filled out Arrival and Departure card(s) and Tax Card ready (stewardess will give them to you)
- Move to the Visa on Arrival counters and pay US$ 35 per person
- If you have already obtained a visa abroad you can skip this step
- Next go to the immigration counters and queue according to the appropriate signs. Long queues after a long flight are still happening, but getting less. Hopefully the picture just above will be a thing of the past
- No more Fast Track Service available! The Head of the Bali Regional Office of the ministry of “Justice and Human Rights”, I Gusti Kompiang Adnyana, made a strong statement end of Nov 2014, that there will be no more immigration officers who will take extra money (bribery) to help foreigners jump the queue.
- When you have passed through immigration go towards the conveyer belt indicated on monitors according to your flight number
- Grab a trolley and collect your luggage. If you need assistance there are porters around that you can hire. They will get your luggage, escort you to your car, taxi or pick up service and help you load the vehicle
- Go through customs towards the ‘exit’ sign and give them the tax card. You will only need ONE for PER family. Make sure you do not bring more then $10,000 CASH and of course…no drugs. You could end up enjoying an all-inclusive holiday in Bali’s prison for a very long time
- Then you enter the arrival area. There’s a money changer (rates are OK) on the right just when you get out, and there are MANY people holding up name signs as they wait and page for the guests who booked a airport pick-up to be dropped to numerous hotels and villas. If you have arranged a pick up and you can’t find your name, don’t give up. The driver might just be sitting on the floor checking his sms
- If you have not yet arranged a pick-up, no problems, we will arrange for you the pick up. Our drive will waiting you on arrival with a name sign and hotel name.
- Price – Rp 150.000 + Rp 10.000 for the tool
Airport Tax, Passenger Service Charge (PSC)
Until Feb. 9th 2015 In Indonesia and therefore also at Bali Airport DPS Ngurah Rai, the airport operator Angkasa Pura charged every passenger departing a a Passenger Service Charge, also called AIRPORT TAX (or Departure Tax). Every passenger had to pay, Indonesian citizens and tourists!
Effective Feb 9th 2015 all airlines will include the passenger service charge (PSC) in the ticket price.
This was long overdue and saves us from lining up in front of another counter.
If you have purchased your ticket before that date but are leaving Indonesia after that date you might be asked from the airline to pay this fee online. Otherwise the PSC payment counters are still there at the airport. So one way or the other, you will be reminded to pay. The fee for international flight is Rp. 200.000.
Facts on Visa on Arrival for Bali
- Visa on Arrival (for most nation.)
- Valid 30 days, single entry
- Day of arrival counts as day one
- US$ 35 per person
- Queue at the airport before immigration and pay the fee
- Passport must be valid 6 months
- One 30-day extension possible without leaving Indonesia (at Immigration office), Visa agents can help